Friday, April 15, 2005

The Taste of success

Anais Nin said, "We write to taste life twice, once in the moment...and once in retrospection."

Consider my mouth wide open...
Writing has compelled me to travel, to take chances, and to talk to strangers. I can conjure up the dead, remember the forgotten ones, and forgive myself for my mistakes because I have that practiced mind.
I don't mean to say that publication is nothing. It feels good to be published, to share your mind with an avid reader, to feel that connection to the wider world. It can be a blessing--a gift. But, it isn't the only advantage to a committed relationship to words.
There has to be more than that...so much more. The writing path is littered with the bones of our fallen friends--skeletal fingers still clutching fine pens--spines and collarbones fused with smooth computer wires and glistening microchip fragments. I call this my humble effort to remember the countless gifts my writing has given beyond the publication clips.

I do not plan to go hungry.
Link

1 Comments:

Blogger [a} said...

Awesome post.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.