Friday, September 16, 2005



On this postcard, Natalie Goldberg writes that she feels my determination to succeed...that I am intense and my voice is strong. I needed this postcard today, my personal touchstone, as I climb out of the rubble of yet another wicked cycle of self-doubt.
I never had these days when I was writing only for myself...Now that the work is headed "out there" into the world, I am finding myself weak kneed and afraid. M. is a god, make no mistake about that. Anyone who willingly lives with and loves a writer has earned certain sainthood in his lifetime. I am not exaggerating when I say, sincerely, that my novel would not be breathing itself to life without him.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.