Monday, April 03, 2006

The Space Between the Stars

My admiration of Literary Mama Magazine was well documented here during the blogging book tour of the Literary Mama Anthology. It is rare to see a publication providing such a uniquely powerful blend of writing and commentary on the rocky terrain where modern motherhood and creativity meet. Now, my enthusiasm continues to unfold as my interview with Deborah Santana, author of the powerful memoir, The Space Between the Stars, is the featured Literary Mama profile for April. Deborah is an incredibly gifted writer, a humanitarian, a mother of three, and the wife of legendary musician, Carlos Santana.



To read her memoir is to witness one woman's search for herself and her place in the universe. She details issues of race, gender, spirituality, love, fame, and mothering with wide-indigo strokes of her pen. To meet her was an unexpected gift and the source of countless lessons I am still working to fully understand and articulate in my own life. To interview her for Literary Mama was an extraordinary bonus for what was already a deeply resonant experience for my creative self. Deborah Santana is on a "Journey to an Open Heart"...I am following on a path all my own. I hope you'll read the interview--and come along...
Link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what an amazing woman, and so beautiful as well. I enjoyed reading the interview. If only we could always live by those truths she mentioned.
Great job!
a.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

Deborah is an amazing and beautiful woman--like, she'd probably be quick to say, all women are. Thank you for the feedback on the interview!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.