Wednesday, November 29, 2006

GOING UP LIKE KINDLING

I am thinking about something my writing teacher said:
"Tibetan Buddhists say that a person should never get rid of their negative energy, that negative energy transformed is the energy of enlightenment, and that the only difference between neurosis and wisdom is struggle. If we stop struggling and open up to accept what is, that neurotic energy naturally arises as wisdom, naturally informs us and becomes our teacher..."




"I let the old nagging blue feeling fall all around me and I didn't grab it. It kept falling and the space opened up--big space, the space I used to be scared of, that told me I was nothing, that made me clutch at my life. Now, yes, it was true--I was nothing, but not separate, not alone. I didn't struggle, so I merged with everything around me: kids, Tootsie Pops, the sage, couples in tee-shirts and Reeboks. My life felt jolly and open. Nothing can stop me, can freeze me."
--Natalie Goldberg--

This is where I am today...my thoughts holding me just above that wise, creative flame. Where are yours taking you?
Link

10 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

loving the connections, appreciating them and realize that we all need each other for a deeper purpose than just living inside the four walls that surround me.

love and light to you,
xox darlene

12:28 PM  
Blogger Rosa Murillo said...

Delia, thanks so much for your comment on my blog, it really means so much to me when I read other people are appreciating it too, I feel sometimes that the people who actually find the art won't treasure it as I do, but this is part of the process of letting go and sharing art, the reason I started this project. Your writing is lovely, I will be back often.

12:35 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I don't think I'm close enough to the wise creative flame today, but perhaps tomorrow. Too preoccupied with pressing matters. Lovely post and the photo is amazing.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very thought provoking words here. i'm caught in the quagmires of my mind right now ~ inertia but going thru the motions, at least creatively. too much of the day-to-day (curses to the laundry)to think about something fun.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

Anyone who doesn't know about Rosa's brilliant found art project, please follow her link to the site to see what so inspired me! Can you imagine being the lucky recipient of such beautiful random art-gifts? Thank you b/sis for your appreciation...and paris parfait...I hope the creative flames burn brightly for you soon!
--D.--

1:48 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

Oh, acumamakiki--we were on the comments at the same time here, I know all about the inertia you mention--this is where I have been for months! Thank you so much for your feedback here...
--D.--

1:52 PM  
Blogger claireylove said...

I received a rejection today (or should I say a declining) of one of my poems. I had spent the day at work, grabbing odd moments to fill my notebook, excited with my writing. Previous rejections have sent me into spasms of self doubt. Today, I looked at the poem (Ice Palace) and thought (said aloud even) 'You are a good poem and you needed writing at the time. I will find a home for you.' Then put the paper down and went to put the kettle on. I felt so calm and self doubt did not touch me, I did not even think about value judgements just the fact that this creative energy had moved through me and I had taken the chance to create.
That is where I am today.
love to you x x x x x

3:53 PM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

fabulous words.. so glad I stopped by, needed these words.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

bb--even your responses to disappointments are beautiful, yes, it will find a home...
nessie--thank you so much for the visit...
la vie--go ahead and sit with them, this is what I've done myself...
--D.--

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such wise thoughts. i will remember this next time i want to scream in frustration..

i suppose that's why often young people are more rash in their actions, less wise, because they struggle against the reality.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.