Wednesday, February 14, 2007

NYC--SPC

Freezing streets...crowded corners...trees stark and unforgiving...light blocked by buildings...a million miles away from home...ducking into a cafe bathroom, the graffiti almost a cliche of what you'd expect in the city, but there it was...feeling softness anyway for the scrawled messages--following trails of words of my own to whatever destination they may choose for me...navigating NYC with a remembered map in my back pocket, the city I once wandered at will, now a foreign landscape. The girl wandering no longer a girl either...no longer lost.
Link

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's something quite delicious about nyc bathrooms and also, the sparkle of seeing the city with fresh eyes.

11:27 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Great photo Delia and I know exactly what you mean about NYC - I lived there for eight years and things that happened then informed the rest of my life. Now I go visit and found so much has changed (and I have changed), but navigating it is still a treat.

12:27 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

i'm a big bathroom pic fan!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

No longer a girl. Nope. You are a powerfully talented woman!
Someday I want to go to NYC!
Will you meet me there?? ;)

:)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

one day you and i will walk those streets together, literally and metaphorically (i think we do the latter already), and take photos side by side x LOVE this portrait

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool sp, wonderful thoughts.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I could *read* you all day.
I love this.
Vx

7:04 PM  
Blogger Buffy said...

Really like this photo...

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Skylight Contractors Madison said...

Nice postt

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.