Monday, June 11, 2007

GLIMPSES: a self-portrait



"Don't go outside your house to see flowers. My friend, don't bother with that excursion. Inside your body, there are flowers. One flower has a thousand petals. That will do for a place to sit. Sitting there, you will have a glimpse of beauty inside the body and out of it, before gardens and after gardens."
--Kabir--

Sometimes, sitting inside of your body, you may even catch a glimpse of the words you feel rise up when you are dreaming--the ones you are hoping to finally string together just right on a random day. You remember it is all internal. And yet, when the dogwood tree wicks up white-flower flames on the other side of the window, you are called out there to learn about unrestrained creativity in every perfect petal. This space is where I have been. I can also be found in Mamazine Magazine right now where my poem, "Gravity", was just published. Lately, glimpses of beauty have presented themselves to me everywhere, grounding me in quiet wonder--sunlight and shadow, the thin-veined leaves hanging heavy on even the most delicate branches.
Link

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - loved your poem in mamazine, followed the link to your blog...love the title, your focus, your writing...will continue to come and be inspired. I think we have some things in common. :) Peace.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Oh Delia, your smile is so beautiful and so welcome!
And as always, your observations are spot on :)
Vx

10:54 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Oh, good. Because the more beautiful you see, the beauty you will write...and that is good for us!

I love this pic of you. You look like a faery peeking at us.

:)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

"Gravity" was wonderful Delia and I will send the links on to my huband's daughter who is pregnant with her third baby. HUGS

1:30 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

'Gravity' ~ so wonderful!!

and this beautiful portrait of you sings sunlight ... gorgeous!!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Congrats on the publication of your poem. It's lovely, and that photo is beautiful.

12:24 AM  
Blogger amelia said...

I love the poem you shared, I have felt much of that.

You're lovely, and this picture is very fresh.

Amelia

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you pretty girl - rosie is the splitting image of you.

congratulations my sweet friend on your poem. xoxo

9:49 AM  
Blogger lisrobbe said...

Nice post! "Gravity" was beautiful.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

So beautiful to SEE you!!!
I loved the poem too. I love how you are in more than one place.
XO,
melba

5:03 PM  
Blogger Lacithecat said...

I am tired, but I am coming back to this post and I sense something special. Something I need to know.

But congrats on your poem being published. Beautiful.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Kim G. said...

This is the picture of spring! Congrats on the poem!

6:33 PM  
Blogger January said...

Congrats on your publication, my dear! Such a lovely poem.

Your photo is beautiful!

10:12 AM  
Blogger LeS said...

What a simply lovely shot. That bright leaf in front of your face is illuminated by the sun, yes, but bu you too!

10:33 AM  
Blogger tracey clark said...

Within, within. Yes, how quickly I can forget that truth. It is all within and when that is embraced then the going outside is all the more beautiful.

This post makes me giddy with joy. I treasure your words and your smile.

Congrats on the mamazine poem. Heading over to soak it in now.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful photo! i love how intense the green is, and how relaxed you are among the leaves. beautiful you!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

lovely photo! and beautiful quote :)

5:18 AM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

Thank you all for your feedback and for taking the time to read my poem. Your support is appreciated, as always. And to Lisa and anyone else coming from Mamazine--welcome!
Love,
D.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.