Friday, June 08, 2007

ONE-TWO-THREE, GO!



(ONE: every morning, Rosie eats the same oatmeal "with dinosaur eggs"...every morning, while the water is heating, she makes a nest in her bowl...my little magpie)



(TWO: spent a large part of yesterday creating an inspiration board out of chicken wire, staples, canvas stretchers, and more than a few scratches...my idea to recycle the old fencing from the yard failed when the wire bubbled and buckled hopelessly {sigh}. a trip to the hardware store and a fresh batch of wire later {and, yes, some help from M.} and now I have a blank space to fill up with things that get me thinking. I bought wire S-clips and metal index tabs for attaching and changing it up often. This sits above my writing desk {once a very bare wall} for the many, many, many summer writing sessions to squeeze in at home now that the kids are done school and my students are averaging at least a dozen email dilemmas per day)



(THREE: going out for dinner and drinks with a dear friend of mine and this beautiful barnacle clung to my pant leg and refused to budge for quite a while...this has been happening again and again lately--when I left for work, for my walk, for the mail...let's hope it isn't an almost four-year-old thing or it might be a very long year)

GO...
Link

10 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I loved your inspiration board, it has a neat country look. Dinosaur eggs? That little barnacle is precious. Sad to say when they become teenagers these are the moments you miss :)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Oh, i love the idea for your inspiration board! I have been meaning to take time to do this, too. A "Manifest Board".

So cute, that little midget! Her face is so sweet. It is s stage. Wyatt has taken to crying (BAWLING!) every day when Kory goes to work, the last two week. ?? So odd. But it makes Kory feel loved. ;)

:)

7:21 PM  
Blogger Kim G. said...

Your board looks wonderful. What a fun idea. The dinosaur oatmeal is a favorite in our house also! ;)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

'beautiful barnacle' - that broke my heart OPEN! so cute :-) x

(and what are the 'eggs' made out of? chocolate?)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

Great idea for the inspiration board...can't wait to see it fill up!
My Maggie gets a bit clingy if I have been away from her.
They love us so, our children!
XO,
Melba

7:18 PM  
Blogger January said...

Someone please tell me about the dinosaur oatmeal! Maybe then I can get my son to eat oatmeal.

Loved all the pictures, especially your little one clinging to your leg.

8:54 PM  
Blogger angela said...

oh goodness, my little guy tries to ride my foot around. i look down and it's the same sweet view...
yes, tell us what the eggs are!!!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

Thank you all for the feedback about the inspiration board--I've been away at the beach and now have a LOT to add to it. I will confess what is in the dinosaur egg oatmeal, but it isn't going to sound good: the eggs are shaped out of sugar and brown sugar and when hot water hits them, they melt away to reveal tiny colored dinosaurs (umm...also made of sugar). Still, as January mentioned--it is hard to sneak oatmeal in sometimes...Rosie was no exception until we found this! When you think about how much sugar is in, say Fruit Loops or cereals like those, it doesn't seem as bad. Or so I tell myself anyway ;)
--D.--

7:10 AM  
Blogger daisies said...

aiden used to love the dinosaur oatmeal and the good news is he now loves the oatmeal sans eggs ;-) so its a good good thing i think ...

i love your inspiration board and have been meaning to do my own forever now ~ you have inspired me to get on with it already, lol ... xox

5:33 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

your writing always makes me smile :) and i have to try this dinosaur oatmeal!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.