Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Postcard: 2
THE HARVEST TIME






If I could take you there, I would...big sky days like these where the colors are as saturated as my heart. My words scatter away from me whenever I sit before this screen, content to curl over scraps of paper and journal pages. I want to tell you something, but then there is a break in the routine, a day with overripe apples and fields of gold I dare not cross into. I am content to simply skirt the edges of wonder in this place, so as not to disturb the richness of the Earth...how she knows when it is time to simply lay fallow beneath the perfect touch of Blue.

This is something I am learning.
Love,
D.
Link

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm learning that too. Thanks for the beautiful reminder.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Yeah...This season makes me think, as well.

Hope you are well.

:)

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm there with you this time...

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful waiting - you remind me that being still and simply taking in is necessary too.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

These photos are beautiful, Delia.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Quiet times are the best times.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

i'm with you there .... xx

6:16 AM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

frida: glad to hear others are in a similar process!

amber: it is undeniably the "harvest" for thoughts as well.

m.'s sister: seeing your comment today was especially wonderful...I love that some of the family still is following along--it means so much.

kimberely: yes!

deb: thank you--I shot dozens of images of these fields as I walked and only a few turned out.

annieelf: so I am beginning to see!

susannah: glad you could join me...

Thank you!
Love,
D.

7:37 AM  
Blogger daisies said...

i am also learning that ... and i gasp at the beauty of these photos. really amazing colour, vibrant and beautiful ... xox

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.