Monday, November 26, 2007

MY DAY



On Thanksgiving, I decided to spend my morning alone--walking in the woods and writing down the things I am grateful for onto the faces of leaves. I dropped them behind me as I covered the trail in that quiet pregnant sort of silence where the best thoughts come. At the crest of a hill, I paused on this bench in the cathedral of trees and sat there with my notebook and my full heart.

This time of my life is such a deep one...it is strange and surreal, uncertain and ripe with possibility. I found so many things to write down my thanks for, one of which was: I am thankful for not letting fear rule me any longer. I felt the truth of that statement in a way I never used to. I realized that although I am not sure where I am going, I don't feel the least bit lost.

Where are you today?
Link

10 Comments:

Blogger claireylove said...

Thanks for sharing that beautiful image of you shedding your leaves ~ it will not surprise you to hear that I am somewhere similar, as we usually are, my dear,
love xox

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing a leaf ritual tomorrow, so need to do a leaf ritual tomorrow. I'm sending you love honey and the hopes that we can have a day together soon. xo

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be free of fear is such a blessing! To not know where you are going and not be lost - a magnificent place to be!

Thank you for coming by and leaving a note while I wasn't feeling well. I saw it this morning and it made my day.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

where am i? not as lost as i used to be but still carrying a little fear all the same. and the hope that i can shed it gradually along the way.
love to sweet you,
Vx

5:06 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

what a lovely moment with yourself. love the idea of the thanks and gratitude swirling around you and floating off into the universe.

9:04 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is so beautiful. thank you for sharing this ritual and your letting go of fear ruling you.

you rock delia.

9:49 AM  
Blogger daisies said...

what an incredible moment, thank you for sharing this with us. where am i? a little bit lost but a lot okay with that which isn't so bad really ... hugs!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Not letting fear rule me any longer -this past year I faced one of my greatest fears and survived and this post speaks beautifully of the freedom that has come out of that terrible pain. I am so glad you are feeling it too.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

I am in a good place today...alive with possibility, loving the moment.
Love the picture you have shared and your energy. I love your energy.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Such a short post, and so many lines that speak to me. You are amazing, my friend.

;)

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.