Monday, November 12, 2007

“ In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with. ”

- Brian Tracy (b. 1944)
author, motivational speaker

Reading this quote today and thinking about what each of us is wearing that cannot be seen beyond the fashion and fabric...the burdens each of us carry, whether we talk about it over our polished lips or not, whether you can feel it without walking a mile in our stylish boots or heels.

What I am wearing in this photo:
*Bigelow lip tint
*a half-tattered butterfly shirt, several years old
*seriously dark nail polish
*a "Follow Your Bliss" ring, because what other path is there?
*an open mind & a willingness to offer you kindness if we happen to meet because you have a heavy load to carry and so do I--maybe by sharing a smile or acknowledging that hidden heaviness, we can shoulder some of the weight together...just for a moment.
Link

13 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

You know what you look like? Someone I want to sit and talk deep with. Or not talk at all.

;)

7:22 PM  
Blogger Melanie Margaret said...

I am taking that quote to heart. I needed to hear it tonight.Thank you.

You look beautiful. I can finally really see your shorter hair~I love it!

8:12 PM  
Blogger angela said...

what a generous and beautiful thing to share...thanks :)

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful :)

love the butterfly shirt!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. We all have our story - whether we tell it or not.

And thank you so much for your encouraging words about my first flash fiction.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

look at you, you beautiful thing... i'm thinking of you a lot - i know my emailing my suggest otherwise :-) but it's on its way! xoo

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that seriously dark nail polish... makes me want to paint my nails now.

and - do you get the foundation for a better life quotes too? i think that quote, which i love, was delivered to my inbox just earlier.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

This is a beautiful, beautiful post.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Georgia said...

This post is wonderful. And YOU are so lovely!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

yes, maybe we can...

2:39 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

Amber: whenever you make to the East coast, you know what to do.

Melba: Thank you--my hair is starting to grow in a bit, actually. Now, I'm finally comfortable with it!

Angela: you're welcome...

Angel: thank you--this shirt has seen some years with me now.

Kimberley: you're welcome too...

Susannah: thank you...wishing you well.

Nicole: yes, those quotes are amazing--everyone should go to the website and check them out:
http://www.forbetterlife.org/

Miriam: thank you!

Georgia: thanks...my first November SPC had your pendant in it!

Michelle: we can all hope so!

Love,
D.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful, D. And I just love dark nailpolish!

There's so much truth in that quote, I'm so glad you shared it. And maybe,, maybe we can meet one day.. that'd be awesome.

Love,
Luzie xo

2:54 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

i am smiling at you and acknowledging that hidden heaviness, and together even if just for a moment, the load is lighter because our smiles really do help, each other and ourselves ... you are so beautiful even with while you carry the heavy, xox

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.