Friday, November 09, 2007

NOVEMBER 9: OFF AND RUNNING



This weekend, the boy-o's football team will make their last stand on a cold field lined with parents and spectators--hoping for one more win. My days and nights will be filled from here until Sunday with yet another concert...family functions...games...and some stolen writing time. An unapologetic chill laces the air--the edges of fall starting to slip away for the long winter coming. I will sip my steaming mugs of Chai and try to breathe it all in, slowing down the fast-forward momentum of my life right now.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
--Marcus Aurelius--

I cannot think of better advice for a busy weekend...off and running, now.
Link

7 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Hmmm such wise words. I will hold that quote in my mind. Hope you stay warm and have a great weekend.

Hugs and love

3:21 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

i love that quote!! love!! i am going to copy it down now :) thank you! warm hugs!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

So many wonderful words by this man. They always hit home with me...

Enjoy your life, and your little football player. And your chai. ;)

((hugahuga))

:)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

run, run, run...
i know the feeling
:)
Vx

2:11 PM  
Blogger January said...

Love that photo and all of those brilliant colors. Thank for the quote and your wise words.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend my friend. i wish i was drinking tea with you, hopefully soon. xoxo

11:18 AM  
Blogger myrtle beached whale said...

Thanks for the wonderful quote. Your blog is rejuvinating for me.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.